Here are some suggestions for March Break activities for your family from the Carmel New Church School:
- Organize scavenger hunts inside and out (add to the fun by having the children make up the list of items)
- Sort, order, sequence, and size with coins, Lego, stones, Playdough
- Measure, count, record with a stopwatch: distance/heights of soccer ball kicks, basketball shots, skipping, running
- Build together: predict how many Lego pieces it will take to reach a point on a wall or draw a blueprint and then create it out of shoeboxes, yogurt tubs or wood
- Plan a family party
- Listen to music (explore the beat, rhythm, and melody)
- Cook or bake
- Encourage reading everywhere (signs, directions, game instructions)
- Have a daily reading/storytelling time
- Write a journal/diary
- Enjoy time outside building snowmen/snow forts, playing road hockey, snow soccer, basketball and tag or head over to the local playground
Within the Community
The Museum provides educational activities for the whole family. Check their calendar to see what special events and exhibitions they have running during the March Break. Events include various craft, star, dinosaur and science activities.
Waterloo Region Museum
The Waterloo Region Museum offers educational exhibits, events and workshops for all ages. During the March Break, the museum is hosting a Tyrannosaurus Exhibit that includes interactive games and challenges.
Kitchener Public Library
The Kitchener Public Library offers many free events and activities for children and families, especially during the March Break. The Central location is hosting family movies on Sunday afternoons during the month of March. All branches have family story time, and crafts programs. During your visit, don’t forget to pick up reading selections for the entire family!
To learn more about the Carmel New Church School in Kitchener, please contact us!